indirect water heater question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by greatwhite, Jan 19, 2009.

1. greatwhite

greatwhite New Member

hello. i have superstor 30 gal indirect and it is(was) great....when there was only 3 people in house. i need more hot water now that there are 5.

can i add another 30 gal elec plumbed in reverse storage configuration with circ pump connected to aquastat of elec tank and indirect tank as "heat source". i could boost temp of indirect to help recovery time and then temper down to 120 w/ valve?

does anyone think this will work? i already have small bronze circ pump (think 005) and small elec tank is less than $200. much less $$$ than second indirect and a 007 and less time/work than cutting into p/s system i have (i knew i should have left another set of closely spaced tee's.......)

any help / advice will be greatly appreciated.
    p/s i could also then have tank's electric element connected once i get cash to have backup if boiler every goes.

thanks
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Yes you can and yes it will. Set the loop up to pump from the superstor into the electric tank/
  3. greatwhite

greatwhite New Member

thanks for reply

thank you for your reply. should i increase indirect's temp and if so what temp do you recommend ( with tempering valve, of course)