Increasing Space in front of toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by bergs54, Jun 12, 2013.

1. bergs54

bergs54 New Member

Are there any toilets out there that will give me more clear space between the toilet and tub? Right now, if the stars align properly, I'll get 21" inches. I'd like to install a 32" wide tub, but that's going to further decrease my clear space, so I'm wondering if there is a toilet out there that will give me more room. I'm going by a 28.5" measurement from finished wall to edge of front of toilet. Thanks for your help.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Some round bowls will give you 27.5" from wall to end of bowl on a standard 12" rough in.
    CST743E TOTO Drake round front.

It's easy enough to check the spec sheets. Check for space behind the bowl and distance to either end of bowl, or length of bowl plus space behind tank.
  3. bergs54

bergs54 New Member

Great thanks.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

The location of the pipe in the floor determines ALL your dimensions. Round front bowls will project about 13" from that point, and elongated bowls 15".