Increase Sidespray pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitch

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a single handle Kohler kitchen faucet, model R10430-CP. The sidespray pressure is poor. I have good water pressure in the home, and the previous sidespray (Delta) was much stronger. Does anyone know a way to increase the pressure. I heard that I can do this by removing the diverter valve entirely...

Thanks!

Mitch

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In most faucets, if you remove the diverter valve, you get half spout, half spray hose; low pressure on both.

Bob's HandyGuy

Reaction score
If it's like a shower head, you may be able to take it apart at the spray and drill a larger bore. (Don't blame me if you mess it up.) Not a plumber.

Mitch

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for replying! I was hoping that half of the spout pressure going to the spray hose would be more than what's getting there now. I think that if the spout were turned sideways, even with it's huge volume, it would spray almost as far if as the sprayer. Do you know of any other possibel ways of increasing the sprayer pressure?

jimbo said:
In most faucets, if you remove the diverter valve, you get half spout, half spray hose; low pressure on both.

Mitch

Reaction score
Probably not at the spray end...

Thanks Bob,

I suspect there is not much restriction at the spray head side. The hose end openings are the same size as the sprayer I replaced (with the delta faucet), which had far greater spray pressure.

Even if that weren't the case and I drilled out the hose ends or sprayer fitting, I wouldn't have blamed you if I messed up. I'm an expert at developing the ability to make good judgements, which comes from experience, which comes from making bad judgements. :)

Bob's HandyGuy said:
If it's like a shower head, you may be able to take it apart at the spray and drill a larger bore. (Don't blame me if you mess it up.) Not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks