In looking at the Toilet's - will the Drake II 1G fit a 1.28 flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
I never paid attention to toilets so much before....and have narrowed it down to design choices.
The BOWL design and then the rest is all Aesthetics. Skirt or No Skirt. 1 Piece or 2 Piece.

I really love the design of the tank cover on the Drake.
The small PETITE style of the Drake II 1G will also look great in the guest bathroom.

In previous threads there was blurbs about just swapping out the 1.2 flapper for a 1.6...
Anyone know if the Drake II 1G will take a 1.2 flapper if I find that it is not performing well with the less water.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst454cufg_parts.pdf

cst454cufg_tank_parts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I'm deleting what I wrote before because I stupidly thought you were talking about turning a Drake II into a 1.6, not turning a Drake II 1G (CST454CUFG) into a 1.28. I just didn't read carefully enough.

The guts are different, and I don't know what if any adjustments can be made on the 1G flush thingy.

I suppose you could rip out all the guts and put in a Korky 3" Universal Flush valve and a regular trip handle, but I wouldn't count on it unless I measured the hole in the tank. Not an easy fix, though.

Sorry I didn't read carefully enough.

One thing I am curious about is ChefWong's impression of the 1G as "petite". From the photos, it looks as if the regular Drake II is sleeker than the 1G. The tank on the 1G has always looked boxy to me in photos, particularly when compared to the regular Drake II. That's why it's important to see this stuff in person, because apparently the tank makes a different impression; could be it is smaller than it appears, something you can't tell without something to compare it to.

Last edited:

Chefwong

Reaction score
I'm sure you're familiar with this thread

https://terrylove.com/forums/showth...is-up-on-the-Toto-Web-Site&highlight=drake+II

Now sure on the guts - what is a standard vs. proprietary item.

Have you seen this toilet in person. I have to say, it's one GOOD looking toilet....
When looking at the entire lineup and then the Drake II, all of them look like fat bloated sisters and the Drake II 1G was the one sister who went to the gym. I hope she performs just as well as she looks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
st453u_flushvalve_spec2.jpg

Next

st453u_flushvalve_spec.jpg

It looks like you would have to change out quite a bit.
The parts for the Drake II 1G ST453U are quite different than for the ST454E tank.

Chefwong

Reaction score
I'm going to have to go back in person...and measure for you , but the specs for both of them state 15" W, but I swear, there is a VISUAL difference in the 1G compared to the rest of the lineup. I consider the rest of the lineup the older sisters who got married and put on some lbs, and the 1G is the unwed slim fitting sister. To my eyes, it looked that MUCH slimmer in person. This is coming from someone who thought skirted toilets looked the best, but when you see it in person, the tank cover and just the *look* of the 1G caught my eyes.

Chefwong

Reaction score
WJCANDEE - pics below. DII on the left. DII 1G on the right
1 1/2 narrower

I sorta briefed the Toto website but if I recall, both their tech sheet for the DII and DII 1G both list the same width

drake.jpg

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
THANKS, CHEF!!

And I agree that in your photo, the 1G really looks nice! It does appear more compact. It's definitely nice looking! Absolutely excellent photo and report! Thanks again!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks