I'm thinking about this tub..

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by trinitony, Aug 24, 2010.

1. trinitony

trinitony New Member

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's a brand that I install. It's a large company that has been around for some time.
  3. trinitony

trinitony New Member

Tks, noob ? looking at pic ^, is it best to position the faucet on the tub, or on the surround? Also let's just say if in the above photo the tub was smack against the wall. Where will be best to position for the faucet?
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I must caution you on this...notice that they almost never show you the whole tub when a person is sitting in it (or you'd see their legs bent and knees sticking up). Take a close look at the ends of the tub relative to the interior where you can actually sit...it is much shorter than the length. The tubs are sold based on total length, not the interior size. When you get that sort of tub, the interior is quite small relative to the total length. If at all possible, consider a longer tub than 60". Even on a 72" tub, if you want to stretch your legs out, a good portion of your body will be above the water line unless you are short. If you can find a showroom that has one on display (without water in it!), see if they will let you take your shoes off and sit in it. If you don't have some clothes with metal or other hard buttons or rivets, they probably will. Nothing worse than spending the money, installing it, then finding it isn't comfortable. I'm tall, have a 6' (72") tub, and really would have loved a 78 or 84" version (which they do make). Next time... I tried a stock 5' tub in the showroom, and that's when I decided I had to have at least a 6' tub, or it wasn't worth the effort.
  5. trinitony

trinitony New Member

I did see it in a showroom and that's where I got the idea from. The one I saw was a 72", but I'm looking at a 66" - the 72 look kinda huge, then again we're short 5' 6". But thanks for the tip, I will ask them if I can sit in it over the weekend.
  6. DrunkPlumber

DrunkPlumber Licensed Plumber

"But thanks for the tip, I will ask them if I can sit in it over the weekend"

Rather doubt they will let you sit in it over the weekend, they have to close sometime. HIC!
  7. trinitony

trinitony New Member

^ lol..the showroom is open until 5pm on Saturdays.
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That type of tub should NEVER be "smack against the wall". You can position the faucet wherever you like it, and the spout can be wherever it looks/fits the best.
  9. trinitony

trinitony New Member

Lol..I just re-read what I wrote, 'smack' was the wrong word to use. I meant that there will be a built up, probably 6 ", then it meets the wall.

Tks..