illinois plumbing code vs uniform plumbing code

Users who are viewing this thread

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
The Illinois code is a combination of codes from what I have noticed. It is pretty strict in lots of areas. Thing is the Illinois code it the bare minimum allowed, if a city, county or town wants to make it stricter they can. Here is a great reference to the Illinois Plumbing code. http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/07700890sections.html

So one thing you might want to do is talk to the local inspector in the area you are working in and see if they have anamendmentsts to the code.

jimstoller

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.homewayhomes.com
We are a modular home factory located in IL but will be building homes to be delivered to ND soon. So we normally build to the Illinois code and were just trying to determine if there's anything special we need to do to meet the UPC used in ND.
Thanks, Jim

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Jim, what I have found is that Illinois code goes above and beyond most codes. Lots of guys that are Illinois plumbers that go to other states, get razzed for over killing the job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks