Ikea faucet???

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by jrseaberg, Jun 20, 2007.

1. jrseaberg

jrseaberg New Member

Wife saw a bathroom faucet at IKEA.

I'm concerned about quality, and availability of replacement parts. (With the low price tag, I suspect this isn't the faucet I want.)

Anyone with input? Experience? Alternative brand w/ similar look?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60101789

Thanks!
    Jim
  2. I try not to install any faucet that sounds like I sneezed saying it.

The only guarantee I can give in regards to cheap and easy faucets is to buy 2 of them at the same time so you'll have parts when they break.

It will limit downtime significantly minus the 1-800 numbers.
  3. looks like a Duravit, costs less. Whether it will have silent flowing water would be my next question; I like to reduce the noise of water flowing (running, whistling, hissing, whirring, whizzing, etc). Maybe you can return it even after assembling it and installing it. Ask them about returns; IKEA has a lot of unusual practices so it might be so. Even if they have a working one, in a showroom, the ambient noise level is always very high in a building like that, so the noise level wouldn't appear like much.

david
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

I would not touch it unless the price was so low I could discard it when it needed repairs. Grohe and several other mainline companies make a similar faucet.
  5. jrseaberg

jrseaberg New Member

Thanks!

I appreciate the replies. I will look elsewhere (or my wife will!).
  6. it's a Grohe knock off, not a Duravit. Try it out and tell us what your experience with it is like for you and your wife. Go on, let her have what she wants. ;)

david