If you had supplies at no cost, would you choose PVC or CI

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by chefwong, May 24, 2013.

1. chefwong

chefwong New Member

The big gut is happening soon....as soon as I complete my homework as well as amassing any material that will have lead time.

Plumbers, Weekend Warriors - if you had a choice, cost aside, would you run cast iron or pvc for your DW system.
    I've done it all - pvc for the vent, CI for the drain, CI for all. It's definitely all CI for the main stacks.

I wouldn't necessarily classify No Hub as superior but been sling'in BX cable and CI for the majority of my life, so I tend to use said materials when remodeling. I do like the *concept* of the welded connections - aka PVC.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Until this current house, I always used cast iron in my house.