If I needed to repair my Fleck 7000 SXT, which has a plastic bypass on the valve...

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Would I need to remove the bypass or could I keep it on? I have a bypass in the line already but also have the bypass on the valve itself. Theoretically, if I needed to fix the valve, would I have to remove the plastic valve mounted bypass (despite having a bypass on my plumbing already)?

Reach4

Reaction score
Would I need to remove the bypass or could I keep it on? I have a bypass in the line already but also have the bypass on the valve itself. Theoretically, if I needed to fix the valve, would I have to remove the plastic valve mounted bypass (despite having a bypass on my plumbing already)?
You could keep it on.

Reaction score
So i just take off the bypass, keep it attached to the plumbing, take off the valve, and do what i need to do to fix it?

Reaction score
Haha, thanks fellas. I have the unit and do indeed know how it works, but I am still wondering if I can just leave the bypass on the pipes and take the unit (valve head) off. Theoretically. ;)

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Yes, if you decide to move and want to take the system with you, you would only need to purchase a new bypass and plumbing connectors.

Reach4

Reaction score
Theoretically you could remove a pair of orange clips and pull the tank+controller assembly away from the wall. Theoretically is a good word here, because I have not done it. You would not want to tilt. So whether you could pull that off safely might depend on you and your tank size. A smooth floor would seem to help. It might also depend on how much give is in your piping.

A flex connection would seem to be a lot better if your code allows.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I guess it's redundant to use the bypass on the 7000sxt if i already have a bypass but whatever.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Yes it is redundant. I prefer a high quality 3 valve bypass anytime, but the valve mounted Fleck and Clack bypasses are great quality and can be repaired easily.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks