Identifying Tub Shower cartridge, Source for the BNK7005

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Old man, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Old man

Old man New Member

Hi
    I am the maintenance man at an old folks home. 50 apartments have the same one handled Tub/Shower fitting. There is no brand name on the fitting just the certification stamps. I need to identify the cartridge in the Lift and Turn fitting so I can order replacements. Please see attached pictures. The number on the cartridge is 08 03 036 (though the last may be 03G) with US Pat # 6.123.105 and other Pat # 138.454
    I'd be grateful for any ideas.
    Old Man

Attached Files:

2. krow

krow Plumber

Almost looks like "Glacier Bay"
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

If it is, then Danze might fit. I have only worked on a couple of them and it has been years, so I do not remember exactly what the cartridge looks like. I will check today when I am at the supply house.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The clear/red/green cartridges are ubiquitous. Many import brands use them .. There are more than one variety. Check the catalog at alfanoplumbingparts.com

Only a no-name brand puts the UPC ( universal plumbing code ) and CSA ( Canadian Standards Association ) put those logos on their escutcheon. Suspect Globe Union, as they are Canadian based.
  5. krow

krow Plumber

Gerber 7007

GER7007

And
    B&K

#BNK7005 mating part #BNK9003
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  6. pnd92

pnd92 New Member

I was having problems with this same unit. I found the part at Menard's listed as a Tuscany 931 ***0.
    tuscany 931 T 350
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2011
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Source for the BNK7005

http://www.fdsupply.com/item/bk7005/

(2 Pack) Replacement B&K* Control Cartridge Fits Premier*, B&K*, ProFlow* Single Control Pressure Balance Bath and Shower Faucets. Replaces BNK7005* and 888-538*.
    Last edited: May 15, 2013