Identifying American Standard color???

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by desmo907, Feb 20, 2010.

1. desmo907

desmo907 New Member

I have 3 toilets ~20 years old (house I recently got). They are American Standard and say 4083 S87 inside the tank.
    I am trying to replace the seats all of which say Church on them and they match the toilet color perfectly. They are an off-white, almost light beige. When I brought one to Lowes the replacement AS seat in bone (only one they had) was too dark

When I also look up the model 4083 online some sites (for other parts) say there are 2 versions (024 and 031) yet there is nothing like that on mine (as far as I can see).

I been surfing around but cannot find out how I may ID the toilet color from maybe some code on it somewhere.

Thoughts?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If Bone is too dark, it may be Linen
    Biscuit is similar to Linen.
  3. desmo907

desmo907 New Member

Thanks.
    I just realized that the sinks seems to match (they are AS as well).
    I looked under and saw 475/6 (model I assume) stamped in it and printed on it sys "bone".
    Yet the bone color at the Lowes (AS replacement lid) seemed a bit dark when I compared to my seat.
    Church lists brand colors as well but I guess I have to use my best judgement.
    http://www.churchseats.com/catalog/index.php?cat=colorref