Identify tub/shower faucet, need handle

Users who are viewing this thread

Kopko

Reaction score
Hello,
I was hoping someone might be able to identify this faucet. I am looking to replace the handle so if anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I have purchased and looked at newer handles but could not find one that will match up.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG00027.jpg
    IMG00027.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,018
  • IMG00031.jpg
    IMG00031.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,034

Kopko

Reaction score
I looked through the Price Pfister website but could not locate any valve that looked similar. Any thoughts on where I could pick up a single shower handle that would work with this valve.

My next thought is to attempt to remove the valve and see if any local stores can identify it &/or suggest a handle.

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It looks like you are redoing the tilework. It really behooves you to replace that valve with a new one. Finding a new handle and trim sometimes costs nearly as much as a total new valve. A new one should be more reliable, and have parts available.

Kopko

Reaction score
Thanks

I will take a look at it this evening and see if I can somewhat easily remove the valve for replacement.

I was able to find an old image of the original shower handle (attached)

Attachments

• shower122.bmp
    43.3 KB · Views: 868
  • shower111.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 831

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

That plate and handle do look like a PricePfister valve, although I have never seen that handle used on a tub/shower valve. Usually it is a round one, but they did show a different lever handle for handicap usage.

Kopko

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's knowledge.
I was able to confirm that it is a Price Pfister stem. Then guy at Ace was able to find it in their product (Danco) book. Looking online I found the site below which give a diagram of the set up.

http://www.candlsupply.com/products/plumbing/Single%20Control%20Valves%20price%20pfister.htm

Unless I am missing something it looks like there are 3 handles that can work with this valve.
1. PP974-510 Handle - Rectangle looking handle
2. PP940-145A Loop Handle - downward handle like what was on there
3. PP940-240 Handle - Knob handle

By chance does anyone know if these handles or the corresponding face plates come in Brushed Nickle... My girl wants everything to match; I'm more concerned with running water at this point.

Attachments

• Rectangle.JPG
    Rectangle.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 947
  • Handle.JPG
    Handle.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,041

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trim

The octagonal faceplate, if it you can even find one, will be chrome or polished brass. Fortunately, your tile is not cut to fit the octagonal plate so the round one will work for you. It is available in all the modern finishes, but, you may need a "retainer adapter" to secure the plate, depending on the age of your valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks