Identify Shower Valve/Stem

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by yebin75, Jun 10, 2011.

1. yebin75

yebin75 New Member

I'm about to lose my mind. I've been to lowes, home depot, *******, ace and am unable to simply find a knob that will fit easily on this valve stem. Can anyone identify what type it is? The original builder told me to buy a danco for mixit handle. This was only available at ace hardware, which i picked up today and wasnt even close.
    The threads on this stem and wider base on the end of the stem wont fit any handles I've tried, this strange tip also makes it impossible to even use a generic vice grib handle as it wont rest and tighten comfortably.

Any ideas? The original knob had some type of adapter in it looked like a socket. When looking for this to replace my spare bathroom, I left the knob and adapter in my cart while at lowes...now I'm really up the creek!

Attached Files:

2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

That picture could be a million chinese vavles, or a name brand as well. A pic of the handles, and a pic of the valve with the chrome sleeve removed would help.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

I doubt that is a Mixet, since it does not have one "stem" for the hot/cold lever and a second one for the on/off knob.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. yebin75

yebin75 New Member

well i tried the mixit handle again and tightened them beyond my comfort zone...starting to hear plastic cracking...but they now turn the stem on and off.