Identify pump and recommend replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

petelagrange

Reaction score
Hi,

I just found this forum so please forgive me if I step on any toes. Thanks.

I have an existing well, pump and pressure vessel but I'm not sure it is working properly. The pump comes on almost immediately upon opening the tap and seems to run for a long time (7-10 minutes) and continues to run as long as any significant draw is present. Pressure, during a shower for example, starts slow and then builds suddenly to an acceptable level. I'm guessing that the pressure vessel liner is breached. I'm hoping to correct this situation without breaking the bank. I've posted some pictures on my personal website at
< http://69.127.16.11:7776/import2/wellpump/index.html >
and I was wondering i anyone would be so kind as to help me identify the pump and its capacity and possibly give me some pointers as to a suitable replacement. My home has 3 sinks, two toilets, a dishwasher and a large bathtub as well as two outside hose bibs. Thanks again for your time and effort in advance.

Pete

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If I had to guess I would say the pump under all that rust is an old Meyers. Anyhoo. i suspect the tank is water logged (see sticky above) judging by the rust and such I would replace it with a bladder type tank.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I reccomend you submit that tank to the smithsonian institute. Save it as a museum piece and send sears a thank you gift for the time it survived - truly amazing. Its a plain tank and the air maker is obviously obsolete, retired, plugged, unknown to any living pump repairman, and not a candidate for replacement.

Now incredibly, you can continue to use that tank with a new pump and a proper air maker - if its not leaking- by calling the oldest pump company in your area and seeing if they could disconnect it from your piping from the Titantic without breaking something. But most guys would just pull the plug on that whole mess and not without fair reason.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks