I'd like to use flexible hose to connect my trap primers...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by speede541, Mar 24, 2011.

1. speede541

speede541 Member

I'd like to use a short (~9") piece of flexible hose to connect the bottom of my trap primers to the copper pipe that feeds the traps.

This would make it easy for me to disconnect the primers for cleaning and servicing.

Should I just use PEX with the appropriate connections? I'd prefer something more flexible / supple, but in a 1/2" diameter. Suggestions?
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

You can use a union, that makes it removable. And PEX would give you move movement then disconnecting a solid pipe.
  3. speede541

speede541 Member

How do you like a copper union vs. a disconnectable Shark Bite connector?

Edit: ...or what about 1/2" PEX just loosely "plugged in" the an open end of a 3/4" or 1" bell? After all, I've got air gaps elsewhere in these lines, so it's not as if they're water tight. In fact, couldn't that eliminate the need for a MI-GAP air gap threaded on to the bottom side of my MIFAB primer?
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011