Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
icemaker-box-install-3.jpg

Finished home needing water to the icemaker. Typically all finished with drywall already. Sometimes it's over a crawlspace and sometimes on a second floor. The trick if finding a water supply to tap off of. In this home they had PEX running over the to kitchen sink that I was able to cut and tee into.

icemaker-box-install-1.jpg

With the hanging ceiling I was able to lift some out for the final connect downstairs.

icemaker-box-install-2.jpg

I like to locate where the studs are in the wall so I can screw the box to a stud on the side of the box.
In this picture you can see that the electrical is on the left of the stud, and I'm on the right of the stud upstairs. I like to stay away from the wiring in a home. It helps to have a drywall jab saw for opening the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks