I want wanna these in my shower

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
whipple-03.jpg

The more I study this picture the more I want wanna these in my shower. I wonder what my wife will say? I bet she has her own opinion. Maybe she is afraid it will cost too much!

Vegas_sparky

Digital Billy
Reaction score
I'd take one of those in the shower. Some wives would even go for it. Definitely looks nice, warm, and expensive. I'm sure after a little while you'd get bored, and want something different. :rolleyes:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I'd take one of those in the shower. Some wives would even go for it. Definitely looks nice, warm, and expensive. I'm sure after a little while you'd get bored, and want something different. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure Vegas. I could get used to that every day. What a way to wake up and start the day. All hot & Steamy. I bet my wife would love using it more than me. She hates being cold in the shower.

I wonder what the codes are here for having that in your shower? Any restrictions you think? Does an inspector need to come and check my piping? My gas line maybe?

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
This is a high steam shower no doubt - look at the tile choice.

Time and again these research sessions of mine net tiny tiles in commercial steam shower settings. What do the pros know that the Joe's don't.

The TTMAC and TCNA have no tile restrictions for steam showers. They do ask for concrete board and modified thin-set. They ask for sloped shower floors (when needed - lol).

Maybe Roberto's test will shine some more light onto this subject for use.

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
what sheet membrane allows for glass small glasss mosaic installs?

i know hydro liquid allows it and is used in pools and rated for steam.

if theres enough $$ to build a shower like this then theres time for floated mud walls as they should be.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
what sheet membrane allows for glass small glasss mosaic installs?....

I think all of them do.

I think before any tile work goes up the walls should be skimmed out a bit. I'm going to try something new on this current steamer of mine.

In wall capillary roadways to improve drainage behind the wall tiles.... Crazy! lol

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most of the drying AND wetting, if moisture gets behind the tile, is through the grout lines, and smaller tile means a shorter distance to them, so they should be able to dry out faster. That doesn't apply if you happen to choose an epoxy grout, or at least with many of them.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I will need this too for my shower. But maybe something fixed in place. That water supply looks like a bucket. I was thinking a little sink of sorts with those cool Hamman sticks...

Young-attractive-blond-woman-in-a-steam-room.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;That water supply looks like a bucket.

You haven't used many saunas, have you. The water bucket is to pour over hot rocks to make steam, just before you run outside through the snow and jump through a hole in the ice into the water. That is why there are only healthy Scandanavians, we kill off the weaklings.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
.....You haven't used many saunas, have you. ....

I have in fact used a lot. In custom Hammam's they often have a fixed sink for drinking water and for scooping water to dose on the rocks. I would not want to drink that water from an old nasty bucket.....

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
1 point for HJ....maybe 2 points depending on his "Scandanavian-ness" If you are Scand. you are out of your element in cave creek......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks