I want to know about adjustable speed machine (ASM). Can anyone help me, plz?

Users who are viewing this thread

vihotruki

Reaction score
I'm finding somei nformations about ASM, especially about its application in power system to maintain voltage after disturbance and when and where it needs to set, some advantage of using it incomparison with other devices, such as STATCOM, SVCs. Help me, many thanks!

vihotruki

Reaction score
Thank u for your attension

Thank u for your attention, but its application in power system, it can be used as a generator, generate both active power and reactive power, both of them can be control independently. Can u tell me more its effects in maintaining voltage after disturbance such as load shelding, earth fault,... to avoid voltage instability

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Is this one of the flywheel UPS systems? And yes it will be an “earthing fault†with the 08 NEC. Would you drive this earthing rod for me?

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Is this one of the flywheel UPS systems? And yes it will be an “earthing fault” with the 08 NEC. Would you drive this earthing rod for me?

Again I ask just how do you have an earth fault?

The only way that I know to have an earth fault would be to connect the hot conductor to earth.

just how do you have an earth fault?

Also where are you finding “earthing fault” in the 08 NEC?

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I think that you are talking about a device similar to what the power company uses to maintain constant voltage on a power grid.

This can be achieved by controlling the Pulsed Width Modulation and is a lot more detailed that most here would understand even if someone were to take the time to explain. In most colleges this covers a whole semester by itself.

As to anything that will maintain a constant voltage during a fault to ground, it has not been invented as yet.

Just what is the application you are talking about, please.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks