I want to add a new toilet line to my septic

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Wayne67vert, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert In the Trades

tank. The new line is coming from a 90 degree angle from the inlet pipe. Is it okay to just drill the side of the septic tank and insert the new line? The tank is currently used only by the kitchen.
    Thanks for any and all replies.
    Wayne
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Maybe... Maybe not... It depends on the configuration of the inlet baffle in the tank.
  3. Wayne67vert

I understand the baffles, so if I drill into the side closest

to the end where the inlet pipe attaches am I going to create any unforseen problems?
    Thanks,
    Wayne
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Does the baffle extend the width of the tank? Not all do!
  5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Ralph's a nice touch. Who's got Ron Paul?
  6. Wayne67vert

The tank is 40+ years old and made of concrete. So do I just open the access lid to check for how wide the baffle is?
    Thanks,
    Wayne
  7. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

You would need to open the end where the inlet baffle is. Any line cut into the tank would have to be on the right side of the baffle. If it is a small drawer type baffle the inlet would have to wye into the line.
  8. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I thought he dropped out of the running...

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  9. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Hey, you guys, stick

to the subject at hand. :eek:
  10. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

tank

The baffle is usually a cast in place "tube". You normally have to connect to the existing pipe before it enters the tank.