I think I messed up

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by annagibs, Oct 1, 2013.

1. annagibs

annagibs New Member

The p-trap doesn't line up with the glued-in tee. What do I do?

[​IMG]
  2. annagibs

annagibs New Member

Maybe something like this with a 90 to connect it?

[​IMG]
  3. Smooky

Smooky Member

4. annagibs

annagibs New Member

Thank you Smooky, how close to the wall should I glue the 22 or 45s to the wall to make the offsets connect?? Is there a rule to this?
  5. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Put the new bend near the wall where it allows the trap to line up the best. The trap arm must remain horizontal, with not more than 1/4" per foot of pitch towards the drain in the wall.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

YOU put the fitting wherever it works the best. Right at the wall might not give you enough room for the trap, and too far out may put it too far from the sink's tailpiece.
  7. annagibs

annagibs New Member

Okay guys you have helped me out so much. Now just need to know which would be the better choice.

1.[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]
  8. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There is no "better choice". They are equal so go with the one that looks best to you.