I need help with my Jetpump well

Users who are viewing this thread

Lurch27

Reaction score
Someone please show me the light. I have a jetpump well depth is about 25 feet. We were getting some sand and losing pressure. So we replaced the check valve. Our well is 2inch pvc pipe. Fast forward all leak/airchecks completed at the well tie in and we still can't make 50psi regularly and have air coming in the lines still. But sand issue was resolved. We did have a leak on the house side of the check valve. What am i missing.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
A single pipe jet pump can only lift from about 24'. Sucking air sounds like you are using more water than the well can produce. Your 2" well screen maybe clogged.

Pumping sand will also wear the pump down so it cannot build enough pressure. But getting air makes me think it is a well problem not the pump.

Reach4

Reaction score
Fast forward all leak/airchecks completed at the well tie in and we still can't make 50psi regularly and have air coming in the lines still. But sand issue was resolved.
How was the sand issue resolved? By raising the intake, or cleaning the well?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks