i need help identifying shower valve and/or locating a replacement cartridge

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by larry702, Aug 7, 2014.

1. larry702

larry702 New Member

rectangular trim piece says flowmatic. handle has a crown on it like a price pfister logo i found from the 1960's. i looked at a price pfister replacement (#900-0220) that is almost identical to the original but it has different hole patterns to it for both the screws and the water flow. i attached a photo of the base in the wall showing the hole patterns i need. any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

As far as I know, there is only one Flowmatic tub/shower valve, but I will check mine later to see if it is what you need.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Here is a flowmatic that I did a repair on.
  4. larry702

larry702 New Member

5. larry702

larry702 New Member

thanks for your reply.
    i saw that one on your website. i am guessing its a universal rough-in because it has 8 screw holes and looks like it will accept the cartridge you show elsewhere, pp#900-0220 and my original 6 hole cartridge. i tried pp#900-0220 on mine and it worked. only 4 screws to secure it but with the cork gasket there are no leaks. will have to get a handle and modify the trim later. it is my only shower and i am getting a little ripe. attached is a picture.

Attached Files: