I need help identifying a Roman tub fixture

Users who are viewing this thread

kwhome

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently purchased a new home that has a Roman faucet on the tub that I need help identifying. Unfortunately the aerator is missing so I'm trying to locate a replacement. I've taken the fixture off and there are no labels or identifying markings anywhere to be found. I even tried taking it to a local plumbing store to have it identified and still no luck. The main problem is when faucet is used without the aerator, enough water sticks to the underside of the faucet, pools on the tub ledge and then streams to the floor. The thread diameter is about an inch. If someone can help identify this, allowing me to solve my problem, I would be grateful.

20160916_140130.jpg 20160916_131022.jpg View attachment 38525

Attachments

• _MG_2660 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    _MG_2660 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 275
  • _MG_2680 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    _MG_2680 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 265
  • _MG_2681 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    _MG_2681 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 264
  • _MG_2672 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    _MG_2672 as Smart Object-1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might be able to identify the brand by taking one of the stems out. Either the hot or cold will do.
Most of the guides I have want to know the total length of the stem or cartridge, shape of the stem and spline count on the end of the broach.

Lay the stem or cartridge next to a ruler and take an in focus picture showing the stem and the length.

To determine the spline count you count either the grooves or the ridges on the end of the stem where the handle attaches.

An in focus picture of the handle end of the stem is helpful in determining the shape of the stem.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pfister faucet. Call 1-800-PFAUCET for a replacement, because I doubt that anyone will have one in stock. I do not have the model number, but it may have been called a "Swan shaped" spout.

Last edited:

kwhome

Reaction score
You might be able to identify the brand by taking one of the stems out. Either the hot or cold will do.
Most of the guides I have want to know the total length of the stem or cartridge, shape of the stem and spline count on the end of the broach.

Lay the stem or cartridge next to a ruler and take an in focus picture showing the stem and the length.

To determine the spline count you count either the grooves or the ridges on the end of the stem where the handle attaches.

An in focus picture of the handle end of the stem is helpful in determining the shape of the stem.

Hi Smooky,

Thank you so much for your input. I've added the requested images to the original post. I hope the new images are helpful. If there is anything else you need to see, let me know.

Last edited:

kwhome

Reaction score
Pfister faucet. Call 1-800-PFAUCET for a replacement, because I doubt that anyone will have one in stock. I do not have the model number, but it may have been called a "Swan shaped" spout.

Hi HJ,

Thanks, I called Pfister and sent the images above to see if they could identify it as one of theirs. Still waiting for a reply.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks