I need a 1 1/4" slip joint 90 degree elbow.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by enviroko, Jun 24, 2007.

1. enviroko

enviroko New Member

Anyone know where I can find one? They are tough to find on the web and Home Depot didn't have them. Thanks
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I assumed you are looking for PVC, but regardless of whether it's copper or PVC, go a a real plumbing shop. Box stores typically only handle items that have a fairly rapid turn over. Most plumbing supply houses say the will only sell to licensed plumbers, but for one or two pieces they usually will make a cash sale to anyone. Just don't expect to buy major items.
  3. Winslow

Winslow Plumber

sounds like he's looking for a slip joint 90.The one used for tubular brass.
  4. enviroko

enviroko New Member

5. Peanut9199

Peanut9199 Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  6. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

They are offering an 1-1/2" tee with 1-1/2x1-1/4 bushing washers.
  7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

elbow

A double slip joint elbow is a difficult fitting to keep together. What you need is a 1 1/4" "flush elbow" which has a slip joint on one end and a length of tubing on the other that you cut to fit as necessary. Good plumbing stores have them.
  8. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

I assume this is for a bath faucet. Many times it's easiest to go from 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" at the pop-up drain using a reducing ferrule. Then use a 1 1/2" p-trap, etc..