i installed this backflow preventer. did i do it right?

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I have the direction of flow right? I am not getting waste water in the dump pit, but want to sure.
IMAG0796.jpg

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't know about the BFP, but you used the wrong Fernco connectors. The connectors for above-ground applications are supposed to be the banded couplers. Now, these may work OK, but your inspector may not like them. My limited experience with BFP is for irrigation purposes and are obviously totally different, but I would think there would be an arrow indicating the direction of flow stamped on the case.

DaveHo

Reaction score
What Gary said. Also, you typed "dump pit" but I'm going to guess you meant sump pit. Pumping sump water into the sanitary sewer is illegal in many places.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Those connectors help absorb the pressure change when the pump starts, otherwise it might push the pipes apart. They are always used with that type of check valve. The ones on the 'large" pipe, however, are incorrect.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks