I Hear Dripping Behind Wall

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by fsoprano, Sep 6, 2011.

1. fsoprano

fsoprano New Member

I can distinctly hear dripping coming from my half bathroom. It sounds like it's coming from behind the wall in back of the toilet. The opposite wall has the washer behind it but it sounds like it's the toilet wall. I have checked the toilet for bubbles and leak noises thoroughly and cannot see or hear any leaks coming from the toilet. Any ideas before I make a hole in the wall? Thanks!
  2. BobL43

BobL43 DIY Senior Member

Do you have a central AC system where the installer ran the condensate water line to the main drain line stack vent?
  3. spend time to diagnose this before opening the wall. More water, less water. Hot hot water, cold water. Etc. If there is more noise when the pipes get hot, it could be a snap noise caused by expansion and rubbing, and therefore not a drip.
  4. pdhawthorne

pdhawthorne In the Trades

cut the wall where the water line comes out for the toilet if that is where you hear it, it could the the threaded piece that is leaking, just cut it big enough to see in, if it is that then turn all water off to the house and cut wall bigger to replace bad section

water leak