I have a new softner but???

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by MOVIE GUY, Jan 28, 2010.

1. MOVIE GUY

MOVIE GUY New Member

New softner, with clack 1.25, 10x54 tank, sst-60 resin, but my city water was 8 hardness before softener and now is 1 hardness? Should it not be o hardness?

Thanks for any and all help.................
  2. Bob999

Bob999 In the Trades

Generally you should expect to remove almost all hardness--but even using SSt-60 resin there may be very small amounts of hardness leakage--perhaps 1-2 ppm or 0.1 gpg.

What are you using to measure the hardness?

What is your maximum flow rate through the softener? Hardness leakange increases with flow rate.

How do you have the control set up? How often do you regenerate and with what amount of salt? What is your typical daily use of water?
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

It sounds as if the softener may not be sized correctly and your peak demand flow rate is higher than the constant SFR of the volume of resin. And from your other post about the softener, you probably don't have it programmed right.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Check to make sure that there are no open or partly open valves that would let untreated water cross into the treated side.

When you did the test the water had been running for how long?