I have a Kohler wall mount toilet with a Geberit wall mount tank/ carrier

Users who are viewing this thread

Eric Soult

Reaction score
Installed the toilet a year ago and it worked fine. now it wont let any water leave the bowl I pulled the toilet and the trap is clear, I snaked the main line and its clear nothing came up and nothing hit the snake, almost 20' reinstalled the toilet and flushed it water wont go down. pulled it a second time and repeated the process. I can see visually the trap is clean. called Gebrit and they suggested the vent might be clogged. its a 2" vent that runs another 12 ' to the roof. I mean I'm getting no water movement at all. the second flush almost overflows the bowl. the 3" 90 is clear ant it goes down vertical in the wall. Ant thoughts would be great. even if the vent were capped all that air space should aid in movement. I mean nothing goes down at all its a 1.28 flush not that much water.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I doubt that it's the vent. When does a vent ever get clogged anyway?
Most of the time, it's in the bowl, which is cleared with a closet auger, or it's the main line. I had one bowl that the family pet had dropped a tennis ball down the bowl. I had to pull it out the bottom side of the bowl.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF the vent were clogged AND the drain line going down was also clogged before any other connection that could act as a vent, the toilet would not fluch, but the odds of even one of those two events happening are astronomical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks