I Found This Strange; screw found in supply tube.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dlarrivee, Feb 20, 2011.

1. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

Foam/Fireproofing/Acoustical
    screw_in_supply.jpg

I found this screw in a 3/8" copper riser under a bathroom sink... Obviously the faucet flows better now.

You would expect it to be the screw that holds the washer onto the bottom of the stem, so I checked that, and there is a brand new screw and washer on the bottom of the stem.

I guess the screw dropped and someone came along to fix a dripping faucet but never thought to go looking for that missing screw...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Thank you very much for the photo. This is one of those things that "happens all the time" but I often get the feeling that when the many pros on here opine that a poster should check for such a thing, there is an element of doubt for the poster. His eyes are rolling back, and he says " that's pretty far out. Must be something else!"

Now we have proof in living color that it is NOT far out!

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

Foam/Fireproofing/Acoustical
    Just because, I checked the cold valve too, and the washer retainer screw had backed out almost enough for it to drop too...

5. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

"retired" and still building and troubleshooting
    Sounds like good water conservation devices. Leave them in.

6. ilya

ilya In the Trades

home repair -I am not licensed and never represent
    Drop of locktite...