I don't understand circumcision surgery in America

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.

In America, they're all at it!

I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.

It's crazy here!

800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png

Last edited:

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ian,
Finally something that I agree with you about!

I think this is one of those "We've always done it, so we should keep doing it" kind of things - not really done thoughtfully as a society for medical or religious reasons but "just because."

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Two points,
From the American girls I've talked to,
Here in the states you are much more likely to recieve oral sex if your circumcized.

Second, being circumcized there is a reduced risk of catching AIDs. But this is information gained after the fact,
Michael

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The practice began during WWI when thousands of soldiers were exposed to venerial desease. It was thought that circumcision would make cleaning and treating the area easier. The practice stuck. Though still common it is no longer done automatically at birth anymore and the parents have to request it now.

Consent from parents has always been a requirement, but it really depends on how the doctor asks the question. Now there is more of an attempt to actually have parents weigh the risks vs the benefits than in days gone by.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
This is probably a little fine line with the mods but any European that has a boy child here in America had best beware.

In Europe, circumcision is reserved for those few of the faith, typically Jews.
In America, they're all at it!
I say keep the skin. Or let the boy decide for himself someday.
It's crazy here!

800px-Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png

It is simple Ian. If its unnecessary, gets in the way, and serves no useful purpose, we cut it. Just like taxes.

Cookie

Reaction score
it is just a simple little ... whack... Ian. You won't even miss it. Just don't distract them.

:)

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Best reason not to be circumsized is in case an arab nut case hi-jacks your plane, or for the upcoming ww3 in the mid east.

Lot of Arabs still circumsize their WOMEN. That'll keep them in the compound kitchen and out of the cowboy bars.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It's another case of Americans not thinking things through.

It's sexual mutilation. There are lots of nerves in that bit you know which makes for more fun later on in life.

American men who've had it done don't enjoy sex as much.

And that's a fact you can take to the Bank.

Let's cut healthcare costs by banning circumcision.

And I am not disgusting. I just like asking the difficult questions - which it appears most Americans shy away from.

And those that do ask them have been lawyers for the IRS chasing taxes; taken earmarks; and lobbied for stimulus even though they now argue against them. There is no time for Tea.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
There is another reason that many American men once as boys, will most likely be able to relate with as well as many teachers in the public schools. (who have to intervene) Boys will be boys and will taunt and tease those who are uncircumsized and this will be noticed during showering after gym class. It is what it is. Save the health care costs elsewhere. Besides, I don't know if you know this or not, but it costs the insurance company 2 bucks.

In case anybody noticed, I removed my posts that I was not proud of. Ian just seems to bring out the best in us. LOL, LOL, ROTFLMAO!

Cookie

Reaction score
I may not had read all the posts at times, but, I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

But, what I wrote was the truth. It starts early in school, too. I taught first grade fine motor and gross motor, along with reading, but, gross motor was using the large muscles in the body which required showering after class. I heard it all, and had to intervene.

Personally, I don't know where he thinks it would save on healthcare costs because it is elected surgeries.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Cookie is right. I have heard the same thing.

But in itself this should be cause for change. Having to make the cut because of a future threat of bullying is disgusting.

I thought Americans stood against threats like this?

It seems not when it comes to matters concerning "down there".

561px-Activist.jpg

I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

And what is wrong with my posts Cookie? Please do tell.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
You get things wrong Ian. Sometimes, laughingly so. Sometimes, irritatingly so. Once in a while you may be right, but not like me though, I am always right. I am woman.

I am the smarter sex.

(Mammography was created by a male, you can bet; and, circumcision by a female.) lol. This is written in the bible :)

It keeps you guys submissive.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Personally, it is my belief that people who are so strongly against circumcision feel that way because they don't wan't boys in general to look like Jews, you know, anti-semites? Those posters say to ask the infant if they want it. What does "goo goo" mean anyway, yes? I've seen it done to infants in a religeous ceremony, and the child wailed for a moment, but then was fine.

Now how would anybody know if there is less pleasure felt if the procedure had been done or not. Any adult male who has it done by choice will always remember the post surgical pain before fully healing and that may create a psycological problem, (or not). Man, if I got more pleasure than I have all these years, I just don't know how I'd deal with it. Things have been good since puberty. And somebody said cleanliness is next to Godliness, but it is NOT in the Bible.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I may not had read all the posts at times, but, I didn't see anything wrong with your posts Bob. Ian's, yes, lol, yours no... not what I saw.

But, what I wrote was the truth. It starts early in school, too. I taught first grade fine motor and gross motor, along with reading, but, gross motor was using the large muscles in the body which required showering after class. I heard it all, and had to intervene.

Personally, I don't know where he thinks it would save on healthcare costs because it is elected surgeries.
Maybe because in socialized medicine it would be paid for by the taxpayers? But as you said, it is an elective procedure here, and most insurance companies will not pay for it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks