I do not understand the CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program in America

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
As a European, I would be utterly disgusted if we had a country like Haiti off of my coast and within my sphere of influence that we did little to help.

Shame on you America. Open your borders.

Cookie

Reaction score
Why doesn't your country take in everybody? Empty the prisons, let them in your country, rehabilitate them with your tax dollars. Let in all the murders, and rapists, yeah, that is a great idea get them out of the USA. Let England take everybody in... then, we won't need guns.

You will.

And, take the rellies I don't want... boy, will you be sorry. You will be on your knees prayin for mercy. lol

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
We have always had very generous immigration policies with our ex-colonies.

That includes you.

Cookie

Reaction score
The English does very little if anything, for the United States of America, other to condemn us due to ruffled feathers. Infact, no one does anything for the US. Not one other country. Yet, we are there, and when there, get condemn for being there, and then, for not being there. It is always a no-win situation, no matter what we do.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
China does a lot for you. It funds your debts. So do the countries South of the border, which provide a lot of your low-skilled labor without which you would be even less competitive (and there would be no-one to clean your homes or mow your lawns).

If you proclaim to be the bastion of the free world and the best country on earth, you'd best be ready to lead by example.

I have tried to give you hints on what that example could be in the spirit of generating debate.

Lose the guns...

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, they aint mowing my lawn, or cleaning my house, and if they are for others, it would be better if they were here legally and paying taxes. Close the borders. Make it legal. That would be setting the right example.

Cookie

Reaction score
You got to remember the jobs, that those who are illegally here in our country are taking; are taking jobs, from the real "poor' or lower income born, here. Those jobs are important to those who actually have a right to them. People complain about the homeless, the people on welfare, yet, how many jobs are being filled by those who are here illegally. The answer is not to open the gates either.

What is the answer? Where is the solution? Is it fair for the wealthy to foot the bill for everyone? No, they should not. I am not wealthy. I am not poor. Am I struggling? Yes, especially, after becoming a one-paycheck family with the same amount of bills, but, more people have to be more determined to pull theirselves up by their bootstraps and do it! Go to school, get an education, get a skill, find a job, do it, do it, do it... Look to yourself, find ways legally to make ends meet, have some pride in yourself. If your circumstances are not such that opportunity finds you, you seek it. They sound like pretty words, but they are true. I don't know why anyone would expect another to pay their way, foot the bills, educate them, fix them when they are sick, without them giving to! What is broken, fix it. If another is not happy with their country, with their politics, with their health care system, or educational system then, be part of the solution, not move elsewhere because it looks greener and easier. Nothing is easy. Nothing is ever easy. No one ever said life would be. Americans do alot for other countries, and sometimes, the thanks we get is to see our flag being burned, or hear downgrading things about us. Yet, in our country where everyone finds fault, everyone wants in.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It is fair to ask the wealthy to foot the bill for the poor because we live in a democracy.

The options, then, are to have wealth redistributed through taxes and the power of the vote or for the poor to steal wealth from the rich.

So we either do things the easy way or the hard.

And there has never been any harm in poking a bit of fun at the yanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
As a European, I would be utterly disgusted if we had a country like Haiti off of my coast and within my sphere of influence that we did little to help.

Shame on you America. Open your borders.

Yes Ian it is appalling that a country like Haiti is surrounded by British Territories such as Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, and the Turks and Caicos Islands all of which are much closer to Haiti than the US yet the crown does nothing....

No wonder we kicked you brits to the curb 235 years ago....

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ok, so we have a few islands there. But it's not our sphere of influence is it?

You'd start getting a bit jumpy if we started playing about that close to your shore.

Look what happened with Cuba. And that was over just a few pesky missile sites.

wmills

Reaction score
Ok, so we have a few islands there. But it's not our sphere of influence is it?

You'd start getting a bit jumpy if we started playing about that close to your shore.

Look what happened with Cuba. And that was over just a few pesky missile sites.

And why would we get jumpy with a few brits whose government doesn't trust their people to know how to own/shoot their own guns?

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Look. It's your back yard so take care of it.

I'm always shocked at how people don't take care of their gardens in America.

Cookie

Reaction score
At least we got back yards, look at the sizes of the properties in England! Minus of course where the royalty lives...theirs is huge.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
This is what an English country garden looks like. We plant and tend to the lawn.

In America, they just mow.

That's why they have "yards" and we have "gardens".

Evidently that knowledge was lost on the boat over as well....

12_54_1---English-Country-Garden_web.jpg

Cookie

Reaction score
That is pretty but, sorry mate can't hold a candle to mine. I live in the "garden" and even had a pet bee.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
And there has never been any harm in poking a bit of fun at the yanks
[movie]

You lost me - was that "English humour" about the Americans being slaughtered in that absurd first war with the imbecile Germans and French?

The Germans and French and English owe use 20,000$ + interest for every man wounded or killed - that would solve the national debt problem.

And you Brits still owe us for those liberty ships built by Mr. Kaiser in California for the next bout of idiocy, without which you would have had to eat your shoes and flavour it with lavender from those gardens where you potter about in the short summer.

We have such debt because we have taken on this altruistic world cop stance, which bankrupts us.

We silly yanks have saved England from being Germanys Haiti all too many times. They certainly would not have wanted your foggy island for vacationing, so I suppose you would be a slave state now, pouring iron and making gas for their final solution to the Muslim problem.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Those debts have long been repaid.

And now we are into credit as an active ally in both wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Your debt was not the consequence of our fight for freedom (which you joined late). It is the consequence of your rich not paying enough taxes and the myth that all Americans believe that some day, too, they could be rich.

I'm here to give you a wake up call. You will never be rich.

Except the guy on here that owns his own baseball team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Well, I knew this country was doomed in about 2002, when some dopey 20 year old waitress told me she "bought" 2 houses to make her able to retire in 5 years.

Even a crippled cat could have gotten a house loan then. Then came the shiny faced, late night TV salesmen sipping on a cocoanut, selling the method to make a million in realesate even if you were in debt, bankrupt and an alchoholic. How do you talk and smile at the same time?

Thanks for the token help in the mideast, but we should have all stayed home and Iran would have nuked Saddam by now, the Jews would have eliminated Iran totally, and they could all start to live in peace with some land freed up for more sheep.

Richest in America will soon be the farmer with a water source, a few thousand acres, 4 or 5 good kids that stayed near home, with health and lots of mechanical skills. Richer yet if he is in Kansas and has his own small natural gas well.

I have always said the way to save America is to sell most of Nevada to the Jews. Bring the temple here, no matter what the muslims have to say. Bring in water from Canada. Now they are safe, we have gained some very productive and bright assets, and the national debt is wiped out. We already have your damn bridge in Arizona.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks