I can't find this plumbing fitting anywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

joe28_bak

Reaction score
I hope someone can help. I have a standard drinking water filter faucet, which mounts to the sink deck with a threaded stud through which the water flows. This stud seems to have a 1/4" compression fitting thread, but you can't attach a copper tube directly with a compression fitting, as the center of the brass stud has a plastic sleeve inside that would prevent you from inserting copper tubing, and also prevent ferrule from seating correctly. These faucets come with a small adapter that screws onto the compression thread and butts up against the end of the stud, sealing with a flat rubber or plastic washer (rather than a compression seal). The other end of the fitting is a standard 3/8" compression fitting that would accept copper tubing (or a faucet supply line, for that matter.) Anyway, I need to replace that adapter fitting. Last time, I was forced to buy a whole new faucet just to get the tiny brass adapter. My thinking is that if one of these fitting comes with every darned drinking water faucet, I should be able to buy them separately. I've tried everyone from the well-equipped hardware store to Home Despot to Google searches, but I can't find the part!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The mounting stud may be 1/8" NPS ( straight) pipe thread, hence the need for that adapter which is fairly readily available at a good plumbing supply.

joe28_bak

Reaction score
It would make sense if it was 1/8" NPS, but it isn't. 1/8" NPS threads are too small, and flare fitting threads are too big. It has to be 1/4" compression threads.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
It would make sense if it was 1/8" NPS, but it isn't. 1/8" NPS threads are too small, and flare fitting threads are too big. It has to be 1/4" compression threads.

1/8" IP is 0.405" OD, slightly larger than a 1/4" male compression fitting

joe28_bak

Reaction score
Oh well. I guess there will be two or three drinking faucets without the fitting on e-bay. In the meantime, if anyone finds a source, let me know.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks