I cannot find a replacement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

mastercraft205

Reaction score
I need to replace a 40 gal Water heater in a crawl space. It is natural gas...and only 36 inches tall.
The trouble is...I cannot find a replacement gas water heater this size???

Suggestions....??
To switch it over to electric would be very difficult.
Where should i look to find one?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I just had a heater replacement call...it was a 41" 20 gallon gas heater...no one makes one any more...they are switching to electric...

mastercraft205

Reaction score
Where have I looked???

Called many supply houses today....and they all refer to each other...
Nothing in gas....
So I decided to search online...Even if I could find a new...even an out of stock model and ship it to me would be a benefit...

Plumber Jim

Reaction score
Website
www.broomfieldplumber.com
I am betting you had a State low boy which are no longer made, they stopped making them about the same time the FVIR heaters started coming out. Like they said in the past posts. If you keep it in the crawlspace you will need to go to and electric.

ChuckS

Reaction score
I don't know if it's true or not but the plumber that replaced my lowboy with a tankless said Clinton passed regulations which stopped the manufacturing of gas lowboys. I forget if he said it was safety or what???

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heater

Don't blame Clinton for everything. After all he had to spend some time with Monica. If the manufacturers stopped making the crawl space water heater it was because they were not selling them. IF they were a profitable item, they would have found some way to make them conform to the new standards.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks