I am looking for a straight line valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by edlentz, Jul 6, 2008.

1. edlentz

edlentz New Member

We just installed a new shower system. I have a "T" in the shower output of the main shower valve, that goes to two heads. One at each end of the tub. I have looked and looked for a 1/4 turn. 1/2 inch inline valve so I can turn one of the shower heads off at the head. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks
  2. Plumber Jim

Plumber Jim Member

Depending on the brand shower valve you installed you should be able to buy a diverter valve with matching trim etc.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

valve

Unless the main valve was designed to have control stops between the valve and the heads, you really do not want to do that. You need a multiport diverter which allows you to choose which head you want, but CANNOT turn off the flow entirely.
  4. edlentz

edlentz New Member

Thanks for the replies, I think I found the perfect thing. At "The Big Blue Box" I found a shower head with the valve built in. It does not shut off completely, which was a concern so I think I am all set.

Thanks