Hydronic Towel Warmer

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by seaneys, Nov 9, 2008.

1. seaneys

seaneys New Member

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a brand for hydronic towel warmers? I can not find a show room in the area with a decent display.

Thanks,
    Steve
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I chose an electric one because I like a warm towel in the summer as well. I put it on a timer, so it doesn't run all of the time. If you are looking or room heating as well, then the hydronic is the way to go, the electric one is only 165W, and wouldn't do much to room heating, although it doesn't hurt.
  3. edlentz

edlentz New Member

4. towelwarmers

towelwarmers New Member

5. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

How do you know there are still people with way too much extra cash on their hands..... Towel warmers :D Boy, I sure wish we had them in the barracks latrine :rolleyes:
  6. Dana

Dana In the trades

In most installations a hydronic "towel warmer" is just another name for "heating system radiator", with a more practical/useful shape compared to the radiators peops USED to drape their towels on. Unless the bathroom at your house is an unheated latrine, it's not such a huge extravagance.

At the barracks latrine I think I'd opt for the heated toilet seat over the towel warmer... ;)