HVLP Paint Sprayers - outdoors

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by rdtompki, Dec 4, 2007.

1. rdtompki

rdtompki New Member

I've done a lot of exterior painting with airless paint sprays, but I've got to paint 350 fence posts (installed) and I really want to use a sprayer. My trusty airless would waste 2/3 of the paint. How well would a good HVLP sprayer work outdoors if I only use it under calm conditions? I know I could use a brush, but the plastic mesh nailed to one side of the round fence poles will make using a brush very difficult.

Rick
  2. RBM Ent.

RBM Ent. New Member

If you use your airless with the right tip; such as a 211 or finish tip it will save on paint and it has a small enough spay pattern 4" so you don't over spray as much.
  3. rdtompki

rdtompki New Member

Thanks for the response. I'll look into this since I already have an airless. Got to figure out a good way to drag a generator and airless through the pasture.

Rick
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

The best way to do a job like that is to have a painting party.

Invite about 30 of your closest friends and give them each a paint brush and a gallon of paint. You'll have it all done in a couple of hours. And all you have to do is man the BBQ and supply the beer. :D