HVAC Industry Standard

Users who are viewing this thread

weather777

Reaction score
Can you please tell me if it is industry standard to install a gas furnace in a new home that was manufactured 4 years ago?

Thank you

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
if the furnace installed is new and comes with a specific # of years warranty I would check with the company and see if the warranty starts from the date of install or some other date...explaine your situation clearly and see what they say...also is it the correct efficiency rating as was quoted you and the model quoted you.... is the installer a dealer for the furnace company or just a HVAC company picking it up at a local distributor...is it dented any where

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Can you please tell me if it is industry standard to install a gas furnace in a new home that was manufactured 4 years ago?

Thank you

Do you mean does a house have to have some kind of heat...building occupancy codes in most areas have required that for a least 50 years.

If you mean gas furnace as opposed to some other kind of heat....no standard whatsoever.

Exactly what is your question?

weather777

Reaction score
Sorry about that-- I see part of my question was inadvertently left off...

Is it standard to install a furnace that is 4 years old (furnace manufactured 4 years ago) in a newly constructed custom home and sell it as a new furnace?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
That is pressing it. Most distributors would not have inventory that stale. It is possible that a contractor had one "in the back room" that he bought on spec or anticipation of a job, then didn't use it. I would think that as long as it is new, it should be ok. But somewhere there should be a discount on a 4 year old model;

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks