Huge Emergency 9:30 at night...HELP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

KittyM50

Reaction score
I had a bad storm last night, but had water this morning. It was hot, but running rusty color. Tonight, I noticed rust color in the toilet. I ran all the faucets (rust and mud coming out) and then water stopped running. I noticed a pulsing noise from the crawl space which only stopped when I shut the electric off (the circuits that say sump pump and water). The noise isn't coming from the sump pump. The hot water heater is in the broom closet, but there is another big blue tank in the crawl space / basement. That's where the noise is coming from.

I have a well and holding tanks. I'm a new home owner and don't know what I'm doing. Is there any chance that this will all be better in the morning? If not, what do you think it is. I'd appreciate some quick answers. I think I'm in real trouble here.

Thanks.

KittyM50

Reaction score
Thanks, that was the plan for the morning. I'm concerned about turning things back on tonight though. Any idea what it might be?

HandyAndy

General Contractor, Farmer
Reaction score
If I were to take a guess the problem is the blue pressrue tank is waterlogged and the pump is short cycling, meaning Turing on and off very fast, it will fry the pump motor quickly if left to continue, and more than likely the tank will need to be replaced,
the starting of and stopping of the motor is shaking up the well and creating turbulence and shaking things loose in the pipes is my guess, on the dirty water,
if my guess is correct,

I Doubt if it is storm related and jsut a coincidence.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks