Huge COMPUTER problem need huge help

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I was downloading music 2 days ago, well, I downloaded a something which is popping up things that says infected you are infected! Click here to buy this stuff. Well, I didn't click. I then, downloaded, Stop Zilla, which is an issue in itself. My computer closes down at will. And, then a small orange dot appears and nothing else so I have to restart about a zillion times, okay, 3/4 times.

Any help, any advice? I did run another program Malwarebytes anti virus and it did say it found 3 and removed them, but did nothing for this issue.

I am afraid to do any business online now, where it asks for my password except for here, lol. I won't do my banking or paying bills.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh boy Cookie Stop Zilla is bad news probably the bulk of your problem...
Maybe an answer can be found here...
http://www.google.com/search?q=remo...&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US326

You just know it when it pops up like it does and throws the strong arm marketing in your face...
I wouldn't even click the go away button on their ad for all I know it might be a permission to download and install when they operate like that.

I usually just hit task manager and end process to get away.
If I arrived at the site by google search I report it and it gets labeled as a dangerous site.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yep, you are right. All the way. But, I can't get it to delete, I have tried to uninstall it, and I read the sites on how to delete stopzilla, and it won't unistall. I have tried. I won't go anywhere but here, or my email. I am only emailing those I don't like, LOL, ONLY kidding! My sister... hmmm. Will have to think about that one. :)

I know I got troubles here. I am ready to take this laptop and chuck it right out into the 3 ft of snow. I am really disgusted with it. Anyone with any solutions I would be so very grateful. I got all my stuff on this laptop so it is a tad bit scary to think what they can do. People should get a job rather than destroy others things of other people.

Any help would be appreciated here.

They quaratined what they call, Rougue 2010. I am near tears over this. and for your info I NEVER cry.

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
If you aren't using AVG anti virus and Spy Bot, both are free and I have used them forever, you should be.

Run AVG first and then Spy Bot. And schedule them to update and then run daily.

You might want to use Firefox too with some Addons that protect you from bad web sites. And a portable radio you might pick up at a yard sale for next to nothing.

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
Another great 'free' product is Crap Cleaner (ccleaner.com). Not only does it remove a lot of junk from your hard drive, but you can go to the Tools tab and then the Startup tab to see what programs automatically start when you start up your computer. You can easily disable 'suspect' programs.

Cookie

Reaction score
I have AVG on it but something happened a little bit ago and I should had fixed it. I am confused about the portable radio, what is it use for Gary?

If you aren't using AVG anti virus and Spy Bot, both are free and I have used them forever, you should be.

Run AVG first and then Spy Bot. And schedule them to update and then run daily.

You might want to use Firefox too with some Addons that protect you from bad web sites. And a portable radio you might pick up at a yard sale for next to nothing.

Cookie

Reaction score
I am going to try that, will do it tonite. Thank you! I will let you know here so check in later if you want.

Another great 'free' product is Crap Cleaner (ccleaner.com). Not only does it remove a lot of junk from your hard drive, but you can go to the Tools tab and then the Startup tab to see what programs automatically start when you start up your computer. You can easily disable 'suspect' programs.

Cookie

Reaction score
I was trying to put some music on my site, www.lymphomabasics.com I am adding a little something for my little friends in hospitals, it was kids music, barney dancing, the alphabet song, the good morning song, etc. I am adding a page for the kids with games, things they can do. I gave a laptop to the kids there and the nurse's help them. God, they are great, the kids and most of the nurses. Not all... but most.

I love those kids. I could bring them all home. When I grow up I want to be a clown, an eccentric clown. :)

But, yes I do listen to music, but I got a CD player on this piece of , I mean my laptop here, ;) But, I pretty much like all music. I love country for toe-tapping, jazz and blues to get sexy-by, and classical to either go insane or get smart.

I want one of those Mr. Bean cars. The mini coopers. It is a nice look for me. I am at a clown at the hospitals just in case you didn't figure it out, lol. .. There are 3 of us, all Big C survivors with an absolute love for kids.

I am going to try Maddogs tonite. But thank you Gary!

Last edited:

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Nice job with the kids.

I owned a red 1962 Mini I bought new in England in 1962, took it to Holland when I was shipped over there and then in 1964 I shipped it here and drove it for a couple years and twice from PA to FL before I sold it. My wife owned a blue one in South Africa back in those days. And I'm 6' 4" and she is 5' 10" so you might need a couple pillows but go for it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Kids are everything. I understand kids, it is adults that I don't, lol. My husband was great with kids so together we were so compatible. I started being a clown in my house when my kids were so very small. My youngest said once to his friend and I overheard this, " you will LOVE my mom, she is great, she never yells like YOUR mom, MY mom is FUNNY!" I put skits on in the house, they would come home from school and find, Carol Burnette mopping the floor and handing them cookies. Next time, I would be something else. We would sit and have our cookies, and laugh and talk when they came home. I worked, but I was still a stay at home mom, too. I found the way to mix both and make them work.

It spilled over into the school at their assemblies. Together with a man who rode a unicycle, I juggled, and entertained the kids. I tutored in the classrooms fine and gross motor and found teaching them to juggle was a GREAT way to teach gross motor along, with eye coordination. I wrote a paper which has been published only a zillion times on this. It was a fluke I turned it into something for the good for the kids!

As a fluke with kids with special needs, years ago, wow, I am getting old... YES! (it is a GOOD thing) that putting on an old beat up record player enabled autistic kids to make eye contact. Eye contact is just about everything... I did a paper on this, music therapy, and it was published and it changed so much for those kids with special needs. It was just a fluke.

I was watching them rocking, banging their heads on the walls, and it all stopped when I put on, ( you will never believe this) rock and roll. WHO says Rock and roll is bad for you? With the music going I could squat down beneath them and little by little enabled them to look into my eyes, Lordy lordy, getting their attention! I was thrilled for these kids. It helped them. But when I had a mother who wouldn't listen to me, doing something I told her wasn't kosher for her son John, age 21, which threw him into a gran mal and he died in my arms, I left special needs edu. I loved John. So, I moved on, but always working with kids.

The hospitals asked me to talk to newly dx'd big C patients of all ages. I did this for well, still doing it, 9 years maybe. But, it eats at your soul and hurts at time. I want to make everyone well and happy. The Admin from the hospital called once said, " we got a man here taking it hard, he is a personal friend can you come?" I did. He was my age and just like the admin said. He looked at me saying, " how would you know what it is like to have testicular cancer?" I looked at him, saying... well, I have been fighting this crap a long time, and had to grow bigger balls than you got! And, trust me, they don't fit in my Victoria secret underwear."

He was fine... He laughed! I hear from him time to time; and the admin asked me to put things on for the kids. So, I do 4 hospitals, including the VA. I enlisted the aid of 2 friends whom I sat in the pink chair with enough of times. We are just ordinary people who know what it is like to be us.
And, we hate it when we see kids sick.

Their is nothing normal in my life, never will be, so I might as well go with flow and be eccentric when I grow up. I want a Mr. Bean car. I can't believe you shipped that car around like you did, that is wild. I once had a friend who drove a VW from Germany and I think the wheel was on the wrong side. Like Ian's car I am sure. ;)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
For now, I need to make my laptop work right because I write for a zillion places to earn my keep, lol. Columns, articles & magazines, and do kids evaluations. Plus, I balance the unbalanceable, the checking acct, and would appreciate it, if the hackers don't see it. Hell, maybe they will deposit money, :)

TO all hackers: make it a HUGE deposit. :)

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I tried the ccleaner and when I go to download my computer puts up a thing which states how do you want to open this? I figured this is so screwed up can I make it worse by clicking? So, I click and it did nothing. :(
I am lost at fixing this. Anymore help?

wooson

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when pop ups got so bad I couldn't use the computer. I eventually had to reinstall everything. You might want to do it before you may not be able.
I too loaded Stopzilla. That was 4-5 years ago and it seemed to work. By the time it came to renew Stopzilla Comcast (my provider) had a blocker for free so I didn't renew. Stopzilla charged my credit card without my approval. I called the card company and they stopped payment.
I couldn't remove Norton. That was a real problem because it wouldn't allow loading any other security.

Good luck

misterfixer

Reaction score
I've been a member of this site for many years, Freeware and Shareware. They are fre and the real deal. The techs there will work tirelessly with you to clean and repair your computer. Besides the scans you have already run, they have many others. At this point, it can only be of help to you.

http://freewareandshareware.yuku.com/

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, I think that is what I might be doing, reinstalling everything. I can't remove Stopzilla. Not matter what I do. And, exactly like you said about Norton, it won't let me load anything else, either. Either them or nothing. I choose nothing.

I had a similar problem when pop ups got so bad I couldn't use the computer. I eventually had to reinstall everything. You might want to do it before you may not be able.
I too loaded Stopzilla. That was 4-5 years ago and it seemed to work. By the time it came to renew Stopzilla Comcast (my provider) had a blocker for free so I didn't renew. Stopzilla charged my credit card without my approval. I called the card company and they stopped payment.
I couldn't remove Norton. That was a real problem because it wouldn't allow loading any other security.

Good luck

Cookie

Reaction score
I am looking at that site right now, I am going to give it a whirl, I never give up, lol. If all doesn't work, I will reinstall. To both of you, thank you, I will let you know what happens here.

I've been a member of this site for many years, Freeware and Shareware. They are fre and the real deal. The techs there will work tirelessly with you to clean and repair your computer. Besides the scans you have already run, they have many others. At this point, it can only be of help to you.

http://freewareandshareware.yuku.com/

Smith333

Reaction score
I've been having these problems too lately. These programs are called "Malware" and attach themselves to pop up ads on websites.

Download the program called Malwarebytes from this website: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After you install it, be sure to update it before running a scan. If it is able to remove the malware, reboot and scan again. If you get a clean scan, you are good to go.

If you aren't able to get rid of the malware, you need to reboot into "Safe Mode". To do this, reboot and press the F8 key after your computer posts but before the windows logo appears. Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the menu. Then try running another scan.

If that still doesn't work, run this program in safe mode then run the malwarebytes scan: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com (save it to your desktop)

Good luck. These things aren't fun to deal with.

Cookie

Reaction score
Whatever this thing is it disabled my add/remove to work in the control panel. I can't add or remove, do you think that maybe using safe mode would enable me to do it? That sounds like a plan...;)

I've been having these problems too lately. These programs are called "Malware" and attach themselves to pop up ads on websites.

Download the program called Malwarebytes from this website: http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After you install it, be sure to update it before running a scan. If it is able to remove the malware, reboot and scan again. If you get a clean scan, you are good to go.

If you aren't able to get rid of the malware, you need to reboot into "Safe Mode". To do this, reboot and press the F8 key after your computer posts but before the windows logo appears. Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the menu. Then try running another scan.

If that still doesn't work, run this program in safe mode then run the malwarebytes scan: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com (save it to your desktop)

Good luck. These things aren't fun to deal with.

Smith333

Reaction score
Click on the "Download Free Version" button on the malwarebytes website and download the exectuable file to your desktop, then just double click the file to begin the installation. Some types of Malware actually recognize the removal tools and delete the tools right after you install them, but you won't know until you try it. Truly nasty stuff!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks