How to wire in volume control with the Thermasol steam shower control unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

itstopshelf

Reaction score
Just moved into a house that has a very nice Thermasol Pro Series steam shower unit (part # PRO-013011-11185). The temp control panel is mounted inside the steam shower and seems to have the built in capability of controlling lights and volume for music/speakers. Thermasol sells a very expensive add on music kit but I already have speakers mounted in the bathroom ceiling. Is it possible to connect any existing stereo equipment without buying the expensive Thermosol kit. All I really need is basic connectivity that will allow for volume control? I am pretty well versed on the stereo/audio side but was just curious how someone might utilize the volume control on the wall control of the steam shower. Looks like the temperature control panel model is the "Temp-Touch Traditional".

I am guessing this cant be done without spending a bunch of money on the Thermasol music option but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• thermasol.jpg
    thermasol.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 2,063

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Most steam units have a control wire that connects the control panel to the steam generator. You might find that modifying this would be harder and more expensive than just getting the proper speakers.

We just wrapped up a new Thermasol Steamer here in False Creek and I must say the unit is a sexy looking thing. Like a Red Ferrarri. One more coat of sealer and a little dry time and will put the new steamer through it's paces.

If you contacted your local rep you might be surprised to find that a simple AV cable or speaker wire connections are all you need. Remember that installing speakers insight your steamer will require special speakers and proper waterproofing / vapour proofing measures.

JW

Last edited:

PoloNYC

Reaction score
itstopshelf - I agree with johnfrwhipple. Also, if you are going to upgrade it I recommend you upgrade to Signature Series controller. Keep in mind the Serenity Light and Music system that Thermasol makes now comes Bluetooth enabled, which is awesome if you want music in your shower.

The quality is really superior compared to other units.

MetroImpact

Reaction score
I'm considering buying the Thermasol generator with the temp/sound/light control wall unit. I don't want to use the Thermasol sound package and want to utilize third-party speakers while still being able to use the Thermasol control. Budget isnt an issues --- mostly aesthetics. I was wondering if you were able to get the Thermasol unit to control the volume on the third party speakers.

Just moved into a house that has a very nice Thermasol Pro Series steam shower unit (part # PRO-013011-11185). The temp control panel is mounted inside the steam shower and seems to have the built in capability of controlling lights and volume for music/speakers. Thermasol sells a very expensive add on music kit but I already have speakers mounted in the bathroom ceiling. Is it possible to connect any existing stereo equipment without buying the expensive Thermosol kit. All I really need is basic connectivity that will allow for volume control? I am pretty well versed on the stereo/audio side but was just curious how someone might utilize the volume control on the wall control of the steam shower. Looks like the temperature control panel model is the "Temp-Touch Traditional".

I am guessing this cant be done without spending a bunch of money on the Thermasol music option but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks a bunch!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I'm considering buying the Thermasol generator with the temp/sound/light control wall unit. I don't want to use the Thermasol sound package and want to utilize third-party speakers while still being able to use the Thermasol control. Budget isnt an issues --- mostly aesthetics. I was wondering if you were able to get the Thermasol unit to control the volume on the third party speakers.

I do not think so. You can control the ThermaSol unit with your IPhone or IPad so perhaps find another speaker that is WiFi enabled. I asked a question similar to yours a while back and believe I was told no.

Best check with ThermaSol Tech support on Monday and see if this has changed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks