How to Unclog Toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

darryle

Reaction score
Yesterday our toilet flush was functioning well. Water go down from the bowl. But now, there seem something wrong. The water in our toilet bowl overflow instead of go down when I flush the toilet. I asked my brother about it since, he was the last person that use our toilet. According to him, he accidentally fell a soap on the bowl. Unfortunately, he couldn't get it anymore. I assumed that possibly it was the cause of the overflow water in our toilet. How can I remove that soap?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You might try a wet vacuum and see if you can remove it that way.
Or you could try a closet auger and see if you can push it through, or remove the bowl and with the closet auger try to push it out from the lower end, pushing the soap up the way it came in.
Pretty much if you drop a bar of soap in a bowl, you're going to have problems.

darryle

Reaction score
I attempt to use toilet plunger then poured pale of water. Luckily, clogged is gone and found out that soap that fell in our toilet bowl was a little small. But if not, I will call a plumber to remove the bowl. Thanks for all the advice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1) You can pour cold water from a bucket into the bowl directly and often that will work.
2)Another method with a plunger is to pull out the small portion of the plunger, seat it in the bottom of the bowl. Allow some water to seal around the plunger and using very short strokes up and down, maybe an inch or two, get the water in the bowl vibrating, then barely lift the plunger upward to allow the water in the bowl to suck down.
3)A third method is to use a closet auger to push through the clog. They make two sized, 7/8" on the end and 1-5/8" on the end. I use the larger of the two sizes, and sometimes if I know what has been dropped in, I pull the bowl and push it back from whence it came. That involves replacing the wax seals.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks