How to take out Moen Single handle rotary shower.

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by canadianexpress, May 9, 2010.

1. canadianexpress

canadianexpress New Member

Good day

I have a leaking Moen single handle rotary shower faucet. I am having trouble taking out the cartridge. I believe I have removed all necessary parts including the pin but I am having trouble with the cartridge itself. I didn't want to use excessive force to pull the cartridge out, which I believe might be the next step. Any help would be greatly appreciated on what I would do next. Thanks in advance.
  2. krow

krow Plumber

Use the plastic cap that comes with the cartridge to dislodge the cartridge first. Place the cap over the stem and rotate it from side to side until it moves freely 360 degrees. Then grab the brass stem with a pair of pliers and yank/pull firmly
  3. canadianexpress

canadianexpress New Member

That was perfect. Thank You.
  4. krow

krow Plumber

My pleasure, your welcome