How to stop Water Boss 700 from automatically regenerating?

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
How to stop Water Boss 700 from automatically regenerating?

I don't want my Water Boss 700 to regenerate without me knowing it because it let's in hard water during the process. I have set the water hardness at the lowest level hoping it would always give me a high gallon number before regenerating allowing me time to manually regenerate the unit at a time that I know I would not need water (like just before I go to work) but for some reason the unit resets to a random number. One time it will be 1800 gallons before it will regenerate and the next time 5700 gallons. I called Water Boss and they said there are 600 different computer settings and the gallonage is determined each time by use over a two week period.

Would anyone know of a way I can accomplish setting the unit so that it will not surprise me and regenerate but i can still monitor the gallons used? I was thinking about disabling the "gallons used water wheel" but I would like to know how many gallons I have used.

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only thing I can think of is to regen the system before it decides it's time to regen. Other than that, I don't think you will be able to do what you want.

SHR

Reaction score
All WaterBoss softeners have a user programmable regeneration time. The factory default is 2am. You can easily change the time to a time more convenient to you. The instructions for how to do this have been printed under the lid of every WaterBoss I have seen.

Just because the display on the unit says for example: "1600 gallons" to regeneration, does not mean the regeneration will happen at exactly 1600 gallons. When the computer in the WaterBoss calls for regeneration, it delays that command until the next programmed regeneration time, ie 2am. So do not waste your time and effort trying to disable anything. There is no need to.

yeto

Reaction score
If you have it programmed for "1600 gallons" and 2am (as per your example)--and you use 1650 gallons--it will regenerate no matter what time of day. It has a 50 gallon leeway. It is my understanding from Water Boss technical support this cannot be changed.

Is it possible to disconnect the "water mizer" wheel and accomplish my goal? I know I wouldn't be able to monitor the amount of water I am using but that would be the lesser of two evils of letting hard water into the house by accident.

All WaterBoss softeners have a user programmable regeneration time. The factory default is 2am. You can easily change the time to a time more convenient to you. The instructions for how to do this have been printed under the lid of every WaterBoss I have seen.

Just because the display on the unit says for example: "1600 gallons" to regeneration, does not mean the regeneration will happen at exactly 1600 gallons. When the computer in the WaterBoss calls for regeneration, it delays that command until the next programmed regeneration time, ie 2am. So do not waste your time and effort trying to disable anything. There is no need to.

SHR

Reaction score
If you have it programmed for "1600 gallons" and 2am (as per your example)--and you use 1650 gallons--it will regenerate no matter what time of day. It has a 50 gallon leeway. It is my understanding from Water Boss technical support this cannot be changed.

Evidently WaterBoss has screwed up their computer program since I used to sell them, sorry. Good luck.

Reach4

Reaction score
Do you have an indication that the system ever actually regenerates except in the night-- other than somebody's statement? I expect SHR is right.

yeto

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen it do it. I couldn't believe it either. I called Water Boss and they told me that once you go pass that 50 gallon leeway, no matter what time--day or night, it will regenerate.

Do you have an indication that the system ever actually regenerates except in the night-- other than somebody's statement? I expect SHR is right.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Some programs allow a day override where you can set it to regen say every 7 days no matter what. If your system has this feature, you can still monitor the water useage and have it regen at 2am.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks