How to set regeneration time on a 5600 Econominder

Users who are viewing this thread

steinr98

Reaction score
We have a 5600 Econominder Salt water softener and it normally regenerates about 3/4 am or so. The problem is, it is next to our den in our garage, and if someone is sleeping in that room, it is quite loud. I want to reset the time for regeneration to 7 pm (not the 3 AM). I do not see in the manual how to do this. I did figure I could reset the timer to a comparable fake time to off set the 3 am Regen time - like 13 hours or so later. Is there a way to change the regeneration time or do I fake my real time ?

Reach4

Reaction score
Set the fake time. Regeneration starts at indicated 2 AM. You may be able to select a time that would be good for you for both standard and daylight times.

Note that during regeneration, the softener is in bypass; it passes hard water.

steinr98

Reaction score
Set the fake time. Regeneration starts at indicated 2 AM. You may be able to select a time that would be good for you for both standard and daylight times.

Note that during regeneration, the softener is in bypass; it passes hard water.
Thanks for the quick reply! I figured it that way, as I did not see anything in the manual.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Yup, fake time and unlike most valves, the 5600 has a very long regeneration cycle of approximately 3 hours. The actual time running to the drain is short, but it has long pauses between each cycle due to it being a mechanical valve. Water used during regeneration will be bypassed internally.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks