how to run this sewer drain pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

sbchillin

Reaction score
Hello, I'm going to be adding a bathroom to a building behind my house. It has a crawl space but I can't quite figure out the best way to run the drain pipe and water lines through the yard to the existing drain pipe and water pipes used for the house. I have included a diagram for better understanding. Can someone please advise the proper turns to prevent clogs and also how far should the water pipes be from the drain pipe (if any)? Thank you

Steve

Attachments

• 1433636098249.jpg
    1433636098249.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 138

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the septic tank has a side inlet I would run the waste line from the new building into the side of the tank.

sbchillin

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It would be much easier for me to tap into the existing sewer line. Is that possible a n d will it work properly?

Reach4

Reaction score
You won't want to run the new sewer pipe through the leach field. So you might want to add the leach field to your sketch.

sbchillin

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I have added a new picture with more detailed info on the septic system. I'm not sure how close the leech field is to the building but they are somewhere close. Thanks

Attachments

• 1433684421250.jpg
    1433684421250.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 139
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks