how to replace broken plastic part of stem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by tgaf1949, Nov 17, 2007.

1. tgaf1949

tgaf1949 New Member

There is a piece of plastic surrounding the brass stem on faucet handle. It has a semi circular lip on top part of it which is broken. How do I replace it.?
    Thanks
    Terry
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

3. BAPlumber

BAPlumber Plumber

here's what I'd do. unscrew the stem to take it out. take it down to the local HD or hardware store. find the correct replacement stem that has the plastic part. take the new stem back to the job site. install the new stem.:D
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

Three possibilities are Delta, Vally II, and Moen. Each is distictive so you have to know the manufacurer.