how to remove this toilet pipe?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by atlzbest, May 24, 2009.

1. atlzbest

atlzbest New Member

hi guys

can anyone look at the pic and tell me how do i unscrew this pipe from the mains. i tried with a simple wrench but clockwise/unclockwise motion only rotates the entire pipe...it doesnt look like its on a thread...

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's connected to the stop.

If you need a new hose, replace the shutoff.
  3. atlzbest

atlzbest New Member

hi terry

thanks for the quick reply...so do you mean that if i need to put in another faucet line, i need to remove the whole shutoff valve + faucet line assembly?

is it not possible to just screw off the faucet line?

thanks
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It's a crimped on fitting.

Good luck trying to remove that little bugger.

The back side of the shutoff is a push-on.
    Your have to either destroy the shutoff to replace, or cut the pipe behind it.
  5. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

And luckily you have a nice length of pipe to work with as well. If it was flush with the wall then it would be sharkbite time. lol Hey it's a DIY forum, right¿ :rolleyes: