How to "prep" sprinkler line

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYer101

Reaction score
We've got a warm spell so I'm hoping to get things ready for when the sprinkler guy can come and get me up and running.

I have an existing sprinkler system, but the previous owner did not winterize and the PVC is broken at the manifold (a few of the above-ground metal pieces are broken also).

For now, I have a ditch dug (for something else) and want to put in a sprinkler line since the ditch is there and I'm not confident about the condition of the existing sprinkler.

Can I just put poly line in the ditch and leave it unconnected for now, and if so, is there anything else I'd need to know? I'm thinking something like this (ADS 3/4 inch 80 PSI poly pipe).

I only need 20-30 feet from the manifold. Eventually I might add a sprinkler head in the middle of this line. But I'm mostly wondering what I do/leave at each end (for the sprinkler guy) if I put the pipe in now and bury it.

The picture might make it more clear - I just want to put in brand new line while it's easy (I imagine leaving extra, like the green line) because I suspect the existing sprinkler is in bad shape.
sprinkler2.jpg

Thank you for any ideas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks