How to plumb a kitchen sink...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by nukeman, May 27, 2011.

1. nukeman

nukeman Nuclear Engineer

Found this on another forum. Thought you guys would get a kick out of it. :D

it's%20alive.jpg
  2. SacCity

SacCity In the Trades

Wow, that is a creative piece of work! Seems like more cost in fittings than what it would have cost to have a plumber do it... Though it would still be a "S" trap...
  3. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

I think it's continuing to grow.

John
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

It looks like they read my book....

[​IMG]

I recognize the technique...
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

"S"" trap? How about NO TRAP, because the left side appears to be going directly into a double Y, and I am not sure what the right side is doing, although it could be connecting to a vent which continues up to the roof..

Hmmm, I'll put this fitting here. Now what should I do next? Oh, that fitting will look good next to it. Now I have this one, where should I put it?.......
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  6. PlumbersSanJose

PlumbersSanJose San Jose Plumber

I look at these and ask the customer, "Where did you find the contractor that did this?" It adds an element of fun to this line of work and I am always preaching to my guys to have fun. It also drives home the point that fixing the work of another (homeowner) usually costs more than doing the job right the first time.