How to plug a shower hose with a decorative trim

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by den2013, May 27, 2013.

1. den2013

den2013 New Member

Hi all,

I urgently need ur help, as I made a major mistake to my shower. It's embarrassing to say it, so I keep it short.
    I need to close the the shower head . That can be done easily with a plug. But how do I cover the hole in the tile, so that it still looks nice.
    Is there any product for that all?

Thanks all,
    Den
  2. johnfrwhipple

johnfrwhipple Bathroom Design & Build - North Vancouver, B.C.

Perhaps you could have a plumber install a small cap to close down the supply line and then infill this area with a small amount of mortar. You might need a shot of spray foam first to fill in the voids and perhaps backer rod before that.

Then you could install a robe hook or something like this.

Why not just remove the tile in the affected area and do this part over. That would be the cleanest look.

JW

3. den2013

den2013 New Member

Thnx for quick reply John

I'm going to open up the back wall,
    Move the pipe, then attach a hardy to cover the hole
    At the front, I will apply thin set n grout.
    Then cover the patch with shower bar
  4. johnfrwhipple

Maybe pre-attach some plywood to the the Hardy Board first so you can drive in some screws later when you mount the shower bar. Can you install a proper cleat between studs?

Maybe your wife will want to hang from this new shower bar! If your lucky. ;)

Safety never takes a holiday.

5. den2013

den2013 New Member

Done, my wife is so happy to see it. But I told her not to pole-dance it.. Haha..
    Thanx John
  6. johnfrwhipple

We need to talk. That is the worst advice I have heard online to date!!! lol